Monday, October 11, 2010

Guild Saturday in New York City

As you know, I keep a keen eye out for interesting things to show you when I visit New York City for my quilt guild meetings. We meet at the Fashion Institute and I was walking behind this student for several blocks before I decided to take a discreet photo. Gotta love those dots!

This is the crowd outside the Hotel Pennsylvania on 7th Ave, near Madison Square Garden.
It was a beautiful day. I did a lot of walking before and after the meeting.

These flowers were for sale near Grand Central Station. They smelled so good!

I liked this smiley cake with hair made out of slivered almonds. Just window shopping, though.

These tempting tarts, fruit, and candy were for sale at the Grand Central Market.





Take a look at the Main Concourse at Grand Central below.
See what's going on in the foreground?

Yup. Wedding photos. You never know what you're going to see here.

A few last minute curiousities before boarding the train. Yes, "half wild boar" salami.

These fish were really surprised to see me. I couldn't hear what they were saying though.
Any guesses?

I hope you liked this virtual visit to NYC. I love looking for interesting stuff to show you.

15 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

Looks like an inspiring day! Ooh la la--those stockings!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Perhaps one day you'll run into Tim Gunn. I love Project Runway. Love the polka dots...if I were younger I'd wear them. I think the fish were discussing football, "hey...you hear about those Cowboys?"

Unknown said...

Wonderful!! So glad you took us on this virtual tour, it was like I was there all over again. Can't wait until the next time I get to do that with you.

Nancy said...

Thanks for the tour, Karen! Love NYC.

Joan said...

I love the virtual tours. The fish recognized a quilter and they're asking you make them a warm quilt. They're a little chilled.

Patty said...

Thanks for posting about your day in NYC and the sights you see! My first trip to NYC was last Memorial Day weekend with my two twenty-something daughters, what fun! Makes me want to book a return trip asap :-)

Anonymous said...

That market looks like fun! The fruit tarts... oh my! and the fish. I'll have to look that fish up to find out how to cook that. It looks interesting.

Thanks for taking us along!

Jocelyn said...

Everything looks fresh and inviting. And that is for NEW YORK!!! I lived there for several years when I was young, and remember many of the fabulous sights and sounds. Thanks for the memory tour.

Joanne Lendaro said...

GREAT pictures!! NY is a fantastic place to visit! Have fun!!

~Kris~ said...

"Get me out of here"

I love the dotted stockings and they look so cute on her.

jen duncan said...

LOL! Those fish sure DO look surprised to see you! :-) Fun post. Makes me wanna go now! Thanks Karen.

Vals Quilting said...

My dh and maybe me want to see NYC one if these days I think more because of his photography and the hustle and bustle would also be neat. I love it when bloggers share these little glimpses of this incredible city!
Valerie
http://www.pastimesonline.ca/vals-quilting/

trudys_person said...

I visited NYC for the first time in May and I love love love it! You found some wonderful scenes! Thank you!

JoAnne in southern California said...

Karen, thanks for the virtual tour of NYC. I'll never get there myself so this is very nice!

Helen said...

Great photos of a fun day. How about organizing a walking tour of NYC?