Friday, October 8, 2010

Coverlet Museum in Pennsylvania!

Have you visited the National Museum of the American Coverlet in Bedford, PA? I just learned about it today and I can't wait to go. They have an inspirational collection of antique woven coverlets dating back to the 1700's and 1800's as well as spinning wheels and weaving looms, a museum shop offering reproduction fabrics (photo above), gifts and books, and classes on spinning, dying, weaving, and rug hooking. Does that sound like fun or what?

If I wasn't a quilter, I could easily be a spinner and weaver! Or a maker of Navajo rugs. There's something so attractive about creating order out of chaos with fibers and textiles.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Now this is one that I will definitely have to check out when I am down in PA! Thanks for the tip!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Sounds like a great road trip. I've never been to Lancanster County, PA either and I'm only a state away! Thanks for sharing.

Lori said...

That looks wonderful!!

Jocelyn said...

Wow this sounds like a fabulous place to visit. Thanks Karen!

Rose Anne said...

I had no idea. Thanks for sharing this info. I get to the Bedford area several times a year. I will definitely check this out.