Friday, October 15, 2010

Quiltmaker Magazine's 100 Blocks, Volume 2!

This collector's edition of Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks just went to press two days ago! It'll be on the stands November 16. And yes, there will be a selvage block, designed by me! :)

In volume 1, I contributed a pieced block called "Candlestick," but this time I decided to make a selvage block. I think it will look challenging to newbies, but you selvage quilters will easily see how it goes together.

I like the block on the left in the bottom row. And the block with 4 shoes too. I wonder who designed them. We'll have a giveaway of this magazine when it's available.

Special giveaway coming tomorrow. Guaranteed.

12 comments:

JoAnne in southern California said...

Karen, I can't wait to see your block! I loved Volume 1 and am looking forward to the new one!

Leeanne said...

what a fantastic looking book,well worth a look I'm sure.

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

congrats! that's awesome!

maree said...

How cool Karen. Looks like there will be a great cross section of styles of blocks. Wonder when we will get the mag on our side of the world? Ciao

Julie said...

Well done on your block. Looks like an interesting read.

Anonymous said...

OOOH! Can't wait!!!!

Joanne Lendaro said...

Congrats! that is pretty cool!!

Linda said...

I'm jumping up and down doing The Happy Dance. Volume 1 was fantastic--cant' wait for the next one! And congrats on your contribution Karen!

MÂȘ Clara Lloveras said...

It´s fantastic book!!
Can´t wait!!!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I have the first magazine. Oh this one looks like a goodie too!

Quilt Rat said...

Well I am just going to have to have this! Congrats on being a contributor again...we are all so lucky that you share like this!

Annette Tait said...

congratulations on having your block in the magazine Karen!!