Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Aleesa Kobi's New Selvage Quilt


Aleesa Kobi's beautiful new selvage quilt is called "On Edge." It measures 62" x 83." It was something of a family project as her mother-in-law contributed her selvages and her husband Jeff Rehwaldt of Deerwood Quilting in Kasson, MN machine quilted it! You don't hear that every day! Jeff used the Wind Swirls pattern by Dave Kapka. The quilting thread is So Fine Pearl.


For foundations, Aleesa used recycled dryer papers. What a good idea.
Nice work, Leesa!

3 comments:

June Calender said...

Fascinating quilt. I have been using drier sheets for foundations for some time. Love them (after use), when they retain just a bit of scent, are strong and can be marked up if need be

JoAnne in southern California said...

Out of this world! Such a treat to see. I might just have to start using dryer sheets. Maybe I can get other members of my guild to donate them to me. Hmmm... maybe I'll put a "want" ad in our newsletter.

Judy said...

That is a really cool quilt!