Sunday, May 5, 2013

Macarons Quilt is Coming Along


I'm liking this quilt. All the vertical rows are sewn. My DH took a look and said, "Shouldn't you organize them more? Or else make them completely random?" Haha. Maybe I'll try those ideas sometime, but I like this bakery display inspired arrangement. 


 I tried making real macarons for the second time yesterday. They are elusive little treats; the batch had to be thrown away. They were mushy and sticky on the inside. The batter was too wet. I think the problem was that I measured the confectioner's sugar and almond flour first, then sifted it. The particles that didn't go through the sifter were thrown away, but it amounted to about 1/8 cup. I should have sifted first, then measured. Here's a very good video about making macarons.


10 comments:

Julia Wood said...

You come up with the greatest designs! Love this!

Julia Wood said...

You come up with the greatest designs! Love this!

Nifty Quilts said...

This is really fun! Love those dusty colors you've picked.

Nifty Quilts said...

This is really fun! Love those dusty colors you've picked.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Fabulous Karen!

Quilteuse Forever said...

This is again a lovely pattern! Love the colors you used.

PatSloan said...

I love them organized!

PatSloan said...

I love them organized!

Ann said...

What a great and unique quilt idea - it's really going to be beautiful. Thanks for the video too!

audrey said...

This is beautiful! Love your colors and design.:)