Saturday, May 25, 2013

Modern Raw-Edge Quilt Tied With Wool



This is my latest project, a raw-edge quilt using 5" Moda Charm Packs. It's tied with wool. The edges didn't fray as much as I'd expected, and I just realized that's because the squares were cut with a tiny pinking shears zigzag. Normally you don't want the edge to fray, but in this case I did! Haha. 


I like how the little balls are nice and round. The pattern is almost finished. Most of you don't need a pattern for this, but I think it would help new quilters. 

Have a nice long weekend! It's raining here today. I hope to exercise, make Irish soda bread, and sew. 

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

I love this quilt! I like the pattern, the techniques and the fabrics. It is so much fun! And the edges will probably fray a bit more with more use and washing.