Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My New Sewing Machine Arrived!


Drumroll, please! 


I like my Juki 98Q but it only does a straight stitch and I've been so fascinated with raw-edge applique lately that I wanted to be able to do a zigzag or blanket stitch. So here's my new Juki HZL-K65, only $299 from SewVacDirect (no tax, no shipping charge). It's not loaded with fancy stitches, but it has more than I need. 





I got it set up in a jiffy. The threading is a little different than my other machine, but the owner's manual is very easy to follow. And I had a project ready for zigzagging! Haha, actually I have a few more too! 


Looks like my DH will be heating up cans of soup for a while! He's a good sport.


9 comments:

janequiltsslowly said...

Lucky you! Enjoy. Pretty fabrics.

Judy said...

Nice machine!! Enjoy playing with the new stitches.

Needled Mom said...

How fun....enjoy!

patty a. said...

A new machine - how much fun is that!!

JoAnne in southern California said...

Have fun! A new machine is always a fun "toy" to play with.

JoAnne in southern California said...

Have fun! A new machine is always a fun "toy" to play with.

Tonya Ricucci said...

funny, I've been lusting after the 98Q for years - all I need is a straight stitch... enjoy the new machine.

Char said...

Congrats on the new machine.

Taos Sunflower said...

How fun! I love my Juki straight stitcher. Didn't know about this model, thanks for the recommendation. Congratulations.