Monday, March 3, 2014

Ferris Wheel! The Fun Way to Make Fans!




Here it is: the Ferris Wheel Quilt! If you don't want to bother with paper piecing or fabric foundations, this quilt pattern is for you! These fans are pieced "by-eye." Once you get the hang of it you'll find uses for these clever blocks in lots of quilts. (For example, going around the corners in borders.)

I like how it looks like a wheel when you use striped fabrics.


Here's another variation below. The "by-eye" aspect is more evident in this red and pink variation.


The whole quilt measures 65" x 81. This quilt is really fun to make, and really packs a punch.

Please spread this quilt around the Internet: Pinerest, your blog, flickr, or FB. Use any of the photos. Thanks so much!

The link to the pattern is: https://www.etsy.com/listing/181236785/ferris-wheel-quilt-pattern-fan-quilt-fun?ref=shop_home_feat_1

Also, scroll down to enter the current pincushion give away.  :)

5 comments:

Kathi's Kreations said...

STUNNING!

Nedra said...

very cute pattern, Karen. You've been pinned :)

Helen said...

I do believe this is one of my favorite designs of yours. It is so happy and easy that I am starting one today! Hope I can dig up some cool stripes for it...

JoAnne in southern California said...

This quilt is so striking, really, all I can say is Wow!

Kathy said...

just bought it and I can not wait to use my collection of striped fabrics on this!