Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fonts on Quilts

This month we have been looking at fabrics with nice fonts, and quilts with writing on them (and not just selvages). I remember learning to read in first grade using the "Dick, Jane and Sally" readers, so this quilt block really spoke to my heart:) I love the color combination too.

This block was made by Brenda in Manitoba, Canada. She is making nine house blocks for a quilting class. You can check out her blog at: www.scrapsandstrings.blogspot.com. She has some great quilts on her blog.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

hthanks for the shout out. Actually, I've made 22 houses with words inside them. I'll post a pix soon.

Selvage Quilter said...

It sounds like housing construction is going strong in Manitoba! I think I can hear your sewing machine zooming along all the way over here in New York.
Karen