Monday, October 13, 2008

Join Me on this Trip to NYC!

On Saturday I went to NYC for my Empire Quilters Guild meeting. While riding the train I decided to take some photos to share with you. There are always many interesting things to see along the way.

There are 6 individual posts for today. Please don't ask me to explain why:)

At Grand Central there was an exhibit featuring Italian design. This amazing gown was made for Queen Elizabeth by Italian designer Katia Ricciarelli.

In this close-up you can see huge pearls in the skirt. There is an excellent book that shows how to gather fabric into patterns like this (and much more), called "The Art of Manipulating Fabric" by Colette Wolf.
Stepping outside of Grand Central onto 42nd Street the city looked so pretty in the morning light.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Elena said...

Grabbed my mug of coffee and went to NYC this morning with Karen!! The crazy (and expensive) parking structure, wild hairdos and tech-savvy cabs were overshadowed by your magnificent crazy quilt! Never having been to NYC (except to ride to the dock from the airport for our honeymoon cruise), this was a great way to start Columbus Day! Thanks, Karen!

Carrie P. said...

Fasinating trip. I have never seen parking like that before or a lady dressed in blue and yellow or such an interesting red hairdo. I must be very sheltered. Your crazy quilt is awesome.

meggie said...

I have so enjoyed my visit to your blog.

I wonder how much that dress weighs with all those jewels added! I bet it is heavy.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

Thanks for sharing your NYC adventure. I went there 4 times last year and enjoyed myself so much. It is never boring there. I'm still inspired to make an NYC quilt, contrasting the wooden barrels up above and the rest of the buildings....someday...smile