Wednesday, October 1, 2008

June Calender's Reversible Selvage Quilt


You may remember reading about June's reversible selvage quilt-in-progress this summer. Well, she finished it and it's stunning! I love how the turquoise fabrics look so nice with the selvages, and how the few dark selvages add sparkle to the predominately white blocks. The selvage blocks look like a tightly woven arrangement, and the triangles in the border add the perfect touch! The square patches of Rowan prints are beautiful together. (I love that orange one mixed in with all the blue/greens!) You know a quilt is a keeper when you just can't stop looking at it. Nice job, June!
You can read more about June's selvage quilt and other endeavors on her blog at: http://www.calenderpages.blogspot.com/. June is a fellow member of Empire Quilters in NYC.


3 comments:

June Calender said...

Thanks, Karen. This was lots of fun and I've got two or three other ideas and a couple bags of selvages .. now if I can figure out how to get another ten hours in a day ... I have email problems or I would have contacted you before this.

CJ said...

WOW! That is some undertaking! I don't have enough selvedges to make a purse! Where does one get so many??? LOVELY QUILT!

Carrie P. said...

Awesome! Love the blue fabric. She did a great job.