Sunday, October 26, 2008

Selvage Quilt Juried into AQS Des Moines Show!



This selvage quilt was made by Alice Weickelt of Fall Creek, WI. She calls it "Salvaging Selvedges III." It was part of the AQS Show in Des Moines this month! And it is quite a beauty.
Doris, a quilter and blogger in Des Moines took this photo (visit: http://www.threadsofconversation.blogspot.com/). She thought she didn't much like selvage quilts until she saw this one. Now Doris says she is collecting selvages. That's how it all starts, Doris!

4 comments:

Jean said...

This is awesome. Reading your blog is making me want to start a selvage collection too.

Selvage Quilter said...

Jean,
I bet you already have a selvage collection! You just have to trim all that bulky fabric off. :)

I have actually bought fabric, cut off the selvage, used the selvage and put the fabric away for another day!

Becky said...

I pulled out my AQS book. I believe the quilt was made by Alice Weickelt, Fall Creek WI. It's called Salvaging Selvedges III. "Alice loves to use people's rejects, and views quilting as the ulitmate in recycling. She designed this original quilt using selvedge edges. Machine quilted."

Selvage Quilter said...

Thanks, Becky.
The title makes me wonder what her other selvage quilts look like. If you know Alice, ask her to send us some photos of her other selvage quilts. She is very talented.