Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Cottage Bliss in the Rocky Mountains

I visited a wonderful quilt shop recently and I wanted to share it with you, so I took lots of photos. This shop is located right near the Rocky Mountain National Park in the town of Estes Park, Colorado.

When you enter the shop you are offered a cup of hot tea, served in an elegant china teacup. As you look around, you might wonder if you've suddenly entered heaven. (I checked to see my car still outside, just to make sure.) Look at these silver bracelets, $10-$17. They are stretchy so you can easily put them on.

Such an elegant combination of fabrics, china, gifts, books, etc. A real feast for the eyes.



There were lots of quilts on the walls, but I was asked not to photograph them since they sell the patterns. Okay, that makes sense.

Aren't these beautiful fabrics? If we were shopping here together, I'd point to the bolt below (orange/pink floral) and say "Isn't this a pretty one?" How do you like this virtual shopping? :)





If you're near Estes Park sometime, you'll enjoy Cottage Bliss!

12 comments:

Margaret said...

I always think it is a treat to go into a shop like the one you have featured , Drool, Drool. It makes you feel so good. Enjoyed your visit

Shirley said...

Love that pink fabric on that last photo. It does indeed sound like heaven. I enjoyed the visit.
Shirley.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Tea and fabric? I declare there is no better combination. I just love that white tea set!

Joan said...

I think I'm moving there. But let me check with hubby first.

Carla said...

I know this shop! High Country Amish Quilt Shop, right?! I'll be going in July when I visit Estes Park. They have some wonderful music for sale there also! Thanks for sharing. There's another cute shop right in town too, but I love this one the best.

FlourishingPalms said...

Oooo. Scrumptious stuff! I'm vigorously nodding and mmm-ing about that orange/pink floral you pointed out.

quiltingdiva07 said...

I recognized that shop immediately! They have changed their name since I have been there, but everything else looks just as wonderful as before. The fabric is great and the ladies are so nice and... they have a fabulous sale area downstairs!

Sherrill said...

I, too, have been there a few years back during Quilt Colorado! So much fun! And Estes Park is BEAUTIFUL specially with the elk all over the golf course! LOL Wish I was there NOW where it's cooler!

Anonymous said...

*thud*
[revives self with cup of coffee]

OMG, that shop looks sooooo yummy! Wow, so beautifully merchandised!

Unknown said...

I know the owner of this shop-from her quilt shop days in Texas before she moved to CO. She was my first quilting teacher. She is so nice and was a wonderful teacher. Here I am 17 years later going strong (no pun intended.....owner's name is Sherie Strong!) Have never visited her shop but the pictures you show are Sherie through and through. Hope to visit someday.

lisa said...

oh my! I am far too much of a
Klutz to enter that store, but bo does it look lovely!!

Mary said...

I have been to this shop. It is awesome. Love Estes Park. It is so beautiful up there.