Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Camera Club Entry


My Mom and I are members of the Heritage Village Camera Club in Southbury, Connecticut. Every month members enter two photos. A guest judge critiques the photos and chooses a "Photo of the Month." This month the theme is "Food," and this is one of my entries. The meeting is tonight.

This photo was taken outside on a bright sunny day. I spread some white cotton fabric on an ottoman, and used my Grandmother's green dish. I love how the sunlight travels through the dish, making a lacy shadow. There's also a water drop below the tomato on the right. The light green border was added with Picasa.

The pretzels below might be my second entry. 





6 comments:

Kim said...

How fun :0)
I can't wait for home grown tomatoes!

Good luck in the competition.

Happy Sewing

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

What fabulous pictures!

You go girl!
glen

syocom said...

That sounds like so much fun!

imquilternity said...

I love your photos. How original they are. The tomato photo is really wonderful using that lovely green plate. And, yes that shadow is perfect!

Sherrill said...

Those are GREAT--very creative!

Jans said...

Dutch weblog
Quilting with the past
Beautifull photo's.
365 days, 365 photo's
Greetings from Janny S.