Sunday, July 1, 2012

This is Vermont!


This is what it looks like as you drive through Vermont on Rt. 89. They don't allow any billboards so you can really savor all those green hills and mountains. My DH drove, so I worked on my knitted Bohemian Scarf Blanket. 


This is Lake Champlain from the Marriott in Burlington, Vermont. Across the water you can see New York state. I think those are the Adirondack Mountains. The ferry goes between VT and NY.

 

This photo was taken in the bathroom, looking through the bedroom/living room, and out the window to the lake. There was a big balcony too. At first we had a room on the third floor which was fine, and we could see a little bit of the lake. My DH called the front desk to see if there might be a room available on a higher floor, and this is what we got...at no extra charge! 

Tomorrow I'll show you the photos from the Vermont Quilt Festival which was wonderful. 

6 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful views, I need to go up there someday, can't wait to see your photos of the show.

Debbie

Anya said...

Welcome to Burlington! Hope you enjoy the stay. Enjoy the great restaurants on Church St.!

Linda said...

I'm terribly jealous--I love Vermont! Can't wait to see quilt show pics!

ThreeOldKeys said...

so pretty!

was Bob Newhart's inn supposed to be in Vermont? i wonder if Larry, his brother Darrel and his other brother Darrel are quilters ....

i'll be watching for more photos. have fun!!!

Kim said...

You got to go to the show and be with your favorite husband.....lucky girl!
I'll look forward to your report on the show :0)

Happy sewing

pjplumley said...

I am glad you liked Vermont. I love Vermont. I moved to New York 6 1/2 years ago and can't wait until I can move back to Vermont.

I went to the Vermont Quilt Fest this year too. I took my 8 year old son with me and he was inspired to make his own quilt. We have started on it already. He wants to enter it into the show next year.

Did you see the quilt the 5 year old did? It is pretty good.