Saturday, July 21, 2012

Knitted Log Cabin from Turkey!


This log cabin is knitted! It's the creation of Bilge Erata of Ankara, Turkey. She backed it with fabric for more stability. See details here on Etsy.

This is what she writes about learning to knit when she was little:
"When I was a little girl, I told my mother that I wanted to learn knitting. She stopped a little while, and said: "You are so young that I can't give you knitting needles..." I felt like crying. Then she started to look at my hands. There were two plastic sticks of lollipops in my hands. And she said: "... But....why don't you start knitting with these?" That was the first day of smiling to a new dream..my knitting dream."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is my wife that is so into knitting and i just don't now if she is just following the hype as she really love it doing inside my log-cabin. Well she has a wooden shed, why not do it in her place anyway. Funny we have different preference when it comes to dwellings.