Thursday, September 24, 2009

Antique Singer Sewing Machine - Red Eye

You know how fishermen have stories about "the one that got away?" Well here's the quilter's equivalent. This antique Singer "Red Eye" (called that because of the painted decoration) was on eBay and I "knew" the price would climb sky high, so I didn't bid. That was dumb! (And yes, I do have a BS in Finance.) The machine sold for only $91. I'm just getting to know my way around this market a little bit, but that seems like a very good deal to me. Wouldn't this machine look stunning in a quilting studio? I think I'm getting bit by the Singer bug!

3 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

We have a sewing machine like that with some fancy art work on it too. My hubby got it years ago. I blogged about it once. Someone left a comment about a web site to go to to find out about these machines. It is http://www.treadleon.net mabye you can find out more about them there.

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful machine! I love old sewing machines. Just running out of places to put them :-)

Tamonster said...

I have the singer bug bad! I just shelled out a a good amount of money on a refurbished 18-55 1949 Industrial Singer that works like a dream and I also have one of the 100 year old singers sans the table top. They are the BEST Machines!!

I have some photos of both the machines on my website!

wwww.brooklyncraft.com