Thursday, September 17, 2009

Show This to Someone You Love

Do you know anyone who doesn't know what this is? Take a minute to introduce someone to poison ivy. You may help them aviod weeks of itching! I had a case of poison ivy on my leg in August and decided to post this photo as a public service.

I've heard awful stores of people unwittingly making wreaths and centerpieces with this nasty stuff! Do you have poison ivy in Australia? (No. See Comments.)

I took this photo and invite everyone to spread it around.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh ugh! It takes poison ivy to take me out of lurkdom. :D I constantly point it out to my kids -- hope they know what it looks like by now! I never want to have poison ivy again!!!

Joan said...

Poison ivy is everywhere in the south, year-round even. My numerous childhood encounters do not bring back fond memories.

Starving Student said...

Remember the saying. . . "Leaflets three, let it be! Berries white, take flight!"

Anonymous said...

okay, now I'm itching all over...

Danielle said...

I have a patch on my leg and it is so painful and itchy! UGH.. I know what it looks like, but I have never gotten a rash before, so I thought I was exempt- I WAS CLEARLY VERY WRONG!!!

Selvage Quilter said...

My husband thought he was immune too, until he got a bad case a few years ago. I guess people's sensitivity to it can change over the years. Now he sprays it with herbicide, but I think it will be impossible to make a dent in our poison ivy crop!
Karen

Banaghaisge said...

No, we don't have poison ivy in Australia. There are a couple of tghings that will give you the itchies if you brush against them but nothing I know that equals this villain!!!
Don't you have some poison oak thing as well? I never did get the hang of it's nastiness when we live din San Fran, but didnt get smacked by it either!
Jas