Friday, September 4, 2009

Stephanie's Big Selvage Bag

Take a look at this beautiful selvage bag made by Stephanie from Ohio. See the tape measure fabric at the top? And I like the polka dots too. Her selvage strips are so narrow, she fits a lot of selvage action in a small space! And she found a selvage with her name on it too (see below).

Stephanie found these antique bobbins and added the vintage rick-rack. I think they look great. I have some old wooden spools that I plan to wrap with selvage strips. Inspirational decorations for the quilt studio!

Visit Stephanie's blog at: http://loftcreations.blogspot.com/ She has a nice long list of favorite blogs there too.
Don't you love September? I get that "new box of crayons" feeling. I hope you get to savor some wonderful moments this month.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love the idea of wrapping your selvedges on the bobbins. I LOVE Fall and just thrilled it's already September. Thank you for sharing my project.

kerrykatiecakeskeb43 said...

Beautiful bag! I love the "new box of crayons" description of September - too perfect! Mmmmm - love the smell of fall leaves and a new box of crayons! lol
Hugs,
Kerry

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Great bag! Looks good and sturdy too.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That bag of Stephanie's is amazing!

jaybird said...

oohhh i like it with lots of white and not so much fabric... quite a different look!

Darlee Byron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darlee Byron said...

Fall is my favorite time of year and I love the way nature paints the leaves. And I am a fan of selvages, I love the bag, too! Great job! Also, those bobbins add such character to your shelf.