Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day Weekend Sisters Quilt Retreat

This weekend my sister Eileen and I got together at her summer house in Holderness, NH for a quilting retreat. We had a so much fun. It was cool and clear, just beautiful for quilting, drinking tea and listening to 1970's oldies on the radio. And of course we made a trip to Keepsake Quilting in Center Harbor, NH where we found some fabrics that we needed, including that chartreuse fabric above. It has pickles on it! We always share our purchases.

Eileen (above) working on her abstract "white birch forest" string quilt, inspired by a Robert Frost poem. Karen (below), with the beginnings of an improvisational center medallion quilt done in solids. Since I'm a bit discombobulated from moving, I just brought my whole stash of solids and some scissors, and decided to see what would happen. I like it so far. Now I'm making more little X's.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You probably passed right by us (Salisbury/Amesbury area). However, we were in CT and Rhode Island.

FlourishingPalms said...

Your little (so far) quilt, is adorable. Love the color combo. And I like hitching the name "Discombobulated" to it. Keep us posted with your progress - settling into your new home, and the quilt!

Darlee said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! And even though I do have two sisters, neither quilt. So I may just need to adopt one!!