Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Blue Blue Selvage Quilt

Lynne in New England was inspired by the quilt on the cover of my book "Quilts from the Selvage Edge" when she made this stunning wall quilt. She has such an artistic eye. Look how she handles all those blues, and the little splashes of red, orange and yellow are just right. I also like how the quilting lines echo the selvages. The red cherry dot near the center of the quilt, the brown lacy strip in the southeast corner, and that sparkling black and white binding...oh this quilt has it all! Yayyy, Lynne!

Lynne made this selvage quilt for a Doll Quilt Swap. Here's what she had to say about it:

"There was a discussion on the swap forum about what some abbreviations mean. I didn't know what kwim was, so I proposed some funny possibilities... like Kisses With Important Messages... Kiwis With Impromptu Mangoes? Kangaroos With Illegal Machineguns? My swap partner (who's flickr name is quiltinkimmie) suggested "Kimmie's Wonderful In Michigan."So when I had this very long, very blank selvage I had a little idea... and wrote that on the edge of the selvage and sewed it in the quilt."

Visit Lynne's blog at: http://patcherymenagerie.blogspot.com/. Your time there will be well spent! Her cat Millie also has a blog: darlingmillie.blogspot.com.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Great combination of colors. Love it.

Kim Carroll said...

Hey I just found your blog and I am the lucky recipient of this darling quilt!!! How fun to come across it on here!! Love the blog too!!!