Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Paulette's Selvage Skirt-WOW!

Isn't this an amazing selvage skirt? I love it! This was made by Paulette Carr from Upper Michigan. Here's her story:

"I've been creating art in many mediums since I was a child. My passion at the time is cloth dolls and collage. But when I saw your book and looked at your blog I had to create something. I have six granddaughters and I love to alter denim for them. Here is a picture of my Selvage edge denim skirt. Question is, which girl gets the skirt! Thanks for the inspiration.....hope you like it......and I now have a purse in progress! Have a great day."

Be sure to show us the purse too! Thanks, Paulette. Great job!
See her blog at: www.carpaulette.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Selina said...

This is fabulous! I love it so much!!

Darlee said...

I love it too! I have plans to make something from my selvages... perhaps in time for Christmas!

SueR said...

I love it three! I continue to be absolutely amazed at what people are doing with selvages. Who'd have thunk they could be so full of potential?

CyndeJo said...

I love, love, love this skirt, so adorable!! And what a fabulous idea...:)

Paulette said...

Thanks for all the wonderful comments ladies! This skirt was a fun, simple project. My grandduaghter Emily claimed it this weekend.

ZICKIZICK said...

that's nice ... I love it ....

greetings from
zicki

Connie Raby said...

Obviously...I am a bit behind viewing this gorgeous creation, but had to leave my kudos for such a precious idea. I cringe when I think of all of the selvage I have thrown away!!!