Friday, April 3, 2009

Attention All Quilt Shop Owners!


Do you have selvages left over from making quilt kits? Do you throw them away?

Selvage quilters need them! If you cut your strips about 1 1/2 inches wide x any length, stuff them in a gallon size zip-lock bag, and sell them for, say $6. Is that fair? Whaddyathink?

If you are interested in selling your selvage strips, email me at karengriska@optonline.net and I'll post your email or website on the sidebar so selvage quilters can find you. We'll see what happens.
-
Note - Moda Scrap Bags: You can buy these from http://www.unitednotions.com/ or from some quilt shops, but please check first to make sure they are selvages.

5 comments:

Kathi's Kreations said...

Thank you, thank you, Karen!!!! I have been approaching quilt shops and others trying to find selvages. I hope you get a good response. I was dissapointed with the Moda Scrap Bags I ordered- only one bag had selvages. The others had been trimmed. How dare they!

Jocelyn said...

What a great idea Karen. And to think they have been throwing the selvages away for years!

Jocelyn

jan said...

Hi,
I dont understand, why are they cutting the selvedges off. Our shops dont here in UK, they wouldnt dare, we pay for the full width.

Selvage Quilter said...

Jan,
The quilt shops only trim off the selvages when they are preparing quilt kits, or cutting fabrics for use by students in a quilting class, or to make packets of 5-inch squares.

When you buy yardage you always get the selvage too!

Sorry for the confusion.

Karen

Deb Donnelly Designs said...

I have never seen selvage works before. I love it! I've been looking for a means for all of my scraps I create from making my bags. I will definately collect them in a bag and get in touch. I will be placing a link to your blog on my blog.