Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Elephants in NYC!

I was in New York City with my sister Eileen on Saturday. She was visiting from Rhode Island and we went to hear author Jennifer Chiaverini speak to my guild, Empire Quilters. While standing on Seventh Avenue, suddenly a dozen elephants came walking down the street! They were attached, trunk to tail. I have no idea why they were there. Everyone pulled out their cameras. (The orange and white fence was for construction work, not the elephants.) What a surprise!

Then we had a delicious lunch at Le Pain Quotidien at 60 West 65th Street near Columbus Ave. I like how they displayed these yummy looking breadsticks. We each had chicken curry salad with cranberry chutney, and tea. The bill came to $30 plus tip, which seemed reasonable. And check out those quilts on the wall. They made the room so inviting for two quilters!

3 comments:

Millie said...

Don't you just love it when something out of the ordinary happens and you are there to see it?

Netter said...

Ringling is starting its stand at MSG. They always parade the animals through the city to the Garden. I've never managed to see it, though.

Selvage Quilter said...

Oh, that explains it! I was standing right in front of Madison Square Garden at the time. I haven't seen a circus in ages. That would be fun. Thanks for the info.