Monday, April 27, 2009

Nicki Surprises the Circle of Friends!


Nicki Lee Seavey of Plympton, MA just finished this collage framed with selvages! Read her story:

" For the past 3 years the women who belong to the HGTV Quilting Forum have gotten together for a Quilting Retreat. It is known as the Circle of Friends. The first one was held in Minnesota, last year was in Texas and this year I am hosting the Retreat in Manchester, NH. Actually... tomorrow!! I decided to use some of the selvages the ladies sent me to surprise them with a collage of pictures from past Retreats. Using the selvages I created a mat to frame the pictures - I love it! I'm ready to pack it up and head out but just had to stop long enough to send you this picture."

What a great idea, I think they'll love it!

Be sure to visit the Selvage Blog tomorrow: You just won't believe it!!
And the first "Show Me Your Selvage Stash" post will appear on Wednesday.

7 comments:

Betsy said...

spectacular.

Kathi's Kreations said...

What a nice thing to do and so cute!

SandyQuilts said...

I'm so glad she sent her project to you. It's terrific.

Anya said...

What a wonderful keepsake!

Carrie P. said...

Another way to use up those selvages. Cool.

eileensideways said...

the quilt was a wonderful tribute to new and old friends. thank u nicki for your creativity.

talia said...

How cool of you to post the picture! My name is Talia, i attended the last retreat and this one. I am in the bottom left picture. NickiLee did a beautiful job on that!! Her work is always so fantastical.

These retreats are unbelievable. The bonds that you form with these girls (in addition to the bond you've already established from being friends on the board for so long) is absolutely amazing. It's so bittersweet now, to have been there, saw old friends, met new ones, i wish it was time for it all over again.

Sorry, didn't mean to write a book, just thought it was so cool :) Thank you NickiLee!!