Friday, April 10, 2009

Selvage Purses by Jodie Carleton

You already know Jodie Carleton of Ballarat, Australia, maker of THE selvage dress and the awesome selvage chair. She brought lots of exciting wares to a show recently, including these selvage purses. She has patterns to go with them. She made two so she could show different ways to arrange selvages. Note the "very poufy frou frou selvage do-dad." She has the magic touch, doesn't she?
See her website at: http://www.vintagericrac.blogspot.com/. Lots of inspiration there!

5 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Well I expect nothing but amazing when I see Jodie's work.

Lynn said...

Simply gorgeous. Are there any etsy stores that feature selvege creations that you know of? If so, I'm thinking that maybe for Christmas, I could gift some quilters with a copy of your book and an etsy-bought craft to inspire them. (I LIKE to make gifts myself, but you know how that sometimes goes). Ooh, or maybe Mother's Day...off to hunt.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Amazing to a new level every time I visit your blog. This is such a wonderful idea for selvages.

Jocelyn said...

Simply amazing!

Jean said...

Very cute bags!