Sunday, November 1, 2009

Melinda's Selvage Covered Journal


Melinda of Marietta, GA just made this selvage journal cover. Isn't it a beauty? Lots of stripes and a great swirly button. Here's what she had to say:

"Today was special projects day at guild. We were making journal covers. We had some prep work to do before we started including quilting the outside cover and cutting all the parts needed to make the cover.
I decided to do a selvage one, of course. As you know I love selvages. Here is the finished project. It turned out even better than I expected."

See more photos of this project on her blog at:
http://melinful.blogspot.com/2009/10/special-projects-day-at-guild.html She credits her friend Lisa for the cover-making method. Thanks, Melinda!

4 comments:

Paulette said...

Awesome Melinda! Love it!
Hugs,

Susan said...

You know, it's things like these that make ordinary, fabric book covers look so blah! I love this, it's gorgeous. Off to check out the blog!

wordmama said...

I TOTALLY love it. I am going to have to save my selvages and make one. Our guild made journal covers like this one this week, too. But this one is the coolest!

Jocelyn said...

This is just beautiful. She did a great job!