Thursday, October 29, 2009

Amy's Selvage Bag

Posted by Picasa
Amy in San Diego, California made this pretty selvage bag. That long red handle is a nice touch, and what a deal! Read her words below:
"I finally did something with some of my selvages. This is a cute bag pattern from the magazine, Better Homes and Gardens Quilts and More, Fall 2009. The original pattern was made with fat eighths. I cut muslin rectangles, 5 1/2 inches by 5 inches, and sewed my selvages to them to make the fabric rectangles used for the bag. The webbing for the handle (which is long, designed to be worn diagonally across the chest) came from a garage sale (5 yds for $1)! I think it came out pretty cute. Thanks for your inspiration!"
Nice job, Amy! Thank you for the inspiration.

4 comments:

Марина Сохончук said...

Nice bag! Great idea, Amy!

Pat from Florida said...

Thanks for sharing this great idea. I love that swirly selvage!

Joy V said...

Lovely bag - thanks for sharing.

Crystelle Boutique said...

i really like it! Looks cute and comfortable to carry over your shoulder!
Nice work Amy!