Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Kathy Wilcox Makes a Quilt Show Tote

Kathy Wilcox of Burnet, Texas has created this nice big tote bag! I'd call that Texas-size for sure. Here's what she had to say about it:

"Tomorrow I go to the Houston International Quilt Festival for 3 wonderful days of looking and shopping, so I made a big selvage tote bag to carry every day (20" wide x 18" long x 6" bottom). I stitched the selvages to muslin and then fused the muslin to fusible fleece to give the bag some body and then quilted it all. Lining is the black polka dot fabric like the straps. It should be a conversation starter in Houston."

Kathy, tell us how the show went. Was the tote big enough? ;)

This is Kathy's second project, she's finished her blue zinger top and is ready to quilt it! Stay tuned!

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Mary said...

Love, love, love the bag. I just ordered "Quilts from the Selvage Edge" and am saving all my selvages now. I really want to make a cute bag similar to this one, but a little smaller.

Carme Torras said...

Hello!
I writting from Spain! I see you blog every week and me too have one bag of taks! You can see it in my blog: petitspuntspatch.blogspot.com
search in March month!
see you!

SandyQuilts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Nice bag and the polka dot was a good choice to go with the selvage edges.

Jocelyn said...

Now I really love that! The black and white polka dot is so darling. Really sets off the bag.

imquilternity said...

That's my kind of bag....I absolutely love it!!

Leslie said...

this is gorgeous

Jill said...

beautiful!