Saturday, October 3, 2009

Ann Marie's "Cartwheels" Selvage Quilt


Ann Marie Cowley of Hillsboro, Oregon made this gorgeous "Cartwheels" quilt. Here's her story:
"I have the book "Material Obsession" (http://materialobsession.typepad.com/material_obsession/). In the back is a great string quilt that I used as a guide for my latest selvage quilt, "Cartwheels" I absolutely LOVE it! My brother in Kentucky made the flag case out of an old chestnut barn from the early 1900's and the little picture box on the right. He is a fabulous wood worker."

Ann Marie is also the maker of the Red Zinger that recently won a red ribbon at the Oregon State Fair (and a blue Viewer's Choice ribbon). See sidebar. Also see her blog at: http://www.runandsewuilts.wordpress.com/.

6 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

That is a really nice quilt. I love the blues she used in it.

Artfulife said...

Beautiful!

stufenzumgericht said...

It's amazing and the colours are so well chosen. I love it!!!
Yours, Martina

Unknown said...

That's so beautiful quilt!!!

Plume said...

What a beautiful work!!

Darlee said...

Very inspiring and beautiful!! The blues calm down the vibrant colors from the selvages. It looks awesome on the wall, as do the woodworking pieces.