Sunday, October 25, 2009

My New Favorite Quilting Book

This book just arrived and I'm savoring each word and picture. The authors have put together a dazzling collection of quilts that I really love. They are somewhat improvisational quilts that you can study and find lots of interesting surprises. The quilts are very creative interpretations of traditional quilts. Great variety, lots of inspiration, humor, color. This is my new favorite quilt book. (This is not an advertisement, per se, I just had to share my excitement with you.)

Take a look on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Freddy-Gwen-Collaborate-Again-Freewheeling/dp/1600594395/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256500452&sr=1-1

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have the first Collaborative Quilting book ? I have both and when you're feeling blue, browsing through the pages cheers you up instantly! My favourite books too!

Selvage Quilter said...

Yes, I have the first book too. The thing I like most about the new book is that it has more quilts, more complicated quilts, and some antique quilts from Gwen's collection.
It's good to have both. And you're right; when I need a little lift, these are just the remedy!
Karen

Quiltdivajulie said...

Did you see Sing the Sun Down - my recently completed basket quilt? The quilts in the book you've shared here inspired me to finally cut into and MAKE my long thought about baskets. Stop by and see (a week or so ago)

Abby and Stephanie said...

I have the first one and was thrilled when I found they did a second one. It's in my collection. I made some chickens out of the first one.

wordmama said...

I'm a big fan of Gwen Marston's. I have this book and I would like the first one too. They really inspire you to do something completely surprising just to see what happens. Glad to hear you like it. Freddy Moran says that red is a neutral. I feel the same about orange.

Dianah said...

I bought my book Sunday from Freddy at a quilt show. I got it signed! I was up until 2am pouring thought it. I wanted to get up and make something.