Saturday, July 11, 2009

Canon Beach Flowers

This is the view from our hotel room balcony in Canon Beach, Oregon. It has been cool and cloudy, but just perfect for walking on the beach. Only a few brave people have tried swimming. Every one I have seen has made it only half way in, then come out shrieking about the cold!

The flowers in town are gorgeous! Just look at the double white daisy above. The two flowers below are some I've never seen before, and I thought you'd like to see them too.


If you have emailed me recently, please be patient. While on vacation, my outgoing emails are not "going out;" they're just sitting in my Outbox. If I can't resolve this, they'll just have to wait until I get home.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

CJ said...

My family went to Cannon Beach Christian Conference Center 9 summers in a row! We haven't been for a couple of years now and we so miss it. The flowers in that town are soooo gorgeous! I love the hydrangeas. My kids would swim in that water but not me!! :D

Selvage Quilter said...

CJ:

Yup, it was kids in that water:)

The hydrangeas are so blue!

I hope you get back here sometime.

Karen

Artfulife said...

I love Oregon's beaches. They are very beautiful & yes the water was always freezing! Hope you have a lovely time on your trip. Love following your blog. Can't wait to make something with selvages someday in the future.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Having lived in Oregon for a brief year...we visited Canon Beach twice. One of my favorite places. Did you visit Center Diamond...they quilt shop?

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I love the beach..wish I lived closer to one. Those flowers are beautiful. Have fun.

blushing rose said...

We don't have the beautiful beaches on the east coast like we have in WA, OR, CA. Canon Beach is one of many beautiful relaxing spots out that way. The flowers are lovely. TTFN~Marydon

Mandy said...

What beautiful photos. The beach looks amazing and so do those magnificent flowers.

roberta said...

enjoy your vacation! A thousand colors is going GREAT ! To date i received 157 quilts.....i think they will be more than 200!!!!!!!
I am overjoyed.
Love from Italy
Roberta

Seffliva said...

Lovely flowers! seems so refreshing. Wish someone also send me like that. Anyway, thanks for sharing this post.



flower delivery in the philippines