Thursday, July 30, 2009

Selvage Applique by Debra Posthumus

Debra Posthumus of Terre Haute, Indiana created these delightful selvage applique designs. She bought the blue fabric (a shirt) at a garage sale for 50 cents, and she got 8 embroidery hoops at a church sale for $1. And of course, the selvages were absolutely free!

Debra likes the bird (above) the best, and she uses it in the header for her blog: www.quiltchicksrule.blogspot.com.

I think my favorite is the house and tree. The shapes are just right, and I like all the selvages. I like how the door stands out.

The line, "I love cake" is from an episode of "That 70's Show."

Even though the photo below is a little washed out, I wanted to show you the teacup. The steam looks like question marks to me. And I love that tea tag. Nice job, Debra!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

fanny said...

Lovely !

Kucki68 said...

Love the teacup!

Grandma Barbara said...

I don't know why, but I continue to be amazed at the imagination and creativity shown in the use of selvages. The appliques are just darling!

Anonymous said...

adorable!

Little Lady Patchwork said...

These are so cute!