Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Meet Anna Hergert of Moosejaw

The featured exhibit at the Latimer Quilt and Textile Center was Anna Hergert of Moosejaw, SK, Canada. I was lucky to meet her the day I visited the museum. She is a delightful person who likes to share her inspiration and methods. She will be teaching soon at Quilting by the Lake in New York. Check out her website at: http://www.annahergert.com/.

Anna let me take these photos to share with you. She and her husband traveled around Canada and she made a series of quilts from photos that she took. This is one of her landscape quilts. She has others that are abstract, inspired by her emotions. Some are three-dimensional, and the view changes as you walk by the quilt. All are stunning.

I like how she made this fence. She said that the fence post below wasn't dark enough at first, so she used tulle to darken it. The shadow in the sky above the red house was from light shining in the window, not the quilt. This exhibit runs until the first week in September.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

That is amazing.

Carrie P. said...

I really like that quilt too.

Unknown said...

So beautiful.

Unknown said...

i love your work. my name is sunday garcia. i was on this blog several days after you. i would love to chat with you.

Unknown said...

you can contact me at myemail which is now listed