Saturday, July 18, 2009

Meet Sunday Garcia of Tennessee

This wonderful quilt is on display at "The Most Amazing Quilt Shop" in Cookeville, Tennessee. It's the creation of Sunday Garcia, a customer of this shop. She started quilting only a year ago, but she had prior experience sewing clothes. (Even so!) Sunday is a retired Miami police officer. Wow! She is multi-talented! (See below for close-up photos.)

Aren't these details great? Even a little bottle of suntan lotion (below) near the sunglasses!


Wonderful job, Sunday!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Absolutely beautiful. Does Sunday teach?

Thanks for sharing!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Wow!!! What a labour of love that was. Absolutely amazing!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

That is SO amazing.

Joan said...

Awesome. What is the size of the quilt?

Anonymous said...

::moth agape::

New reader who is de-lurking for a comment. I'm in the process of creating my first official quilt project (a set of placemats).

I only hope to get that far in skill...I'm speechless!

When I get back home (to Nashville) I'll have to visit this store. Sounds awesome!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jocelyn said...

Wow! She is certainly a very talented quilt artist! Thanks for sharing some of her work.

Anonymous said...

I was so thrilled to see your post! This is one of my local (as local as a rural gal can get) quilt shops! The work is wonderful & the shop is always a happy place to be!

Thanks so much for posting...makes the world a little smaller!

Mishkat said...

This is incredibly gorgeous! I can't believe she's only been quilting for a year - this is so beautiful!

Greenmare said...

fabulous!!!!! I love all the details!!!! how fun!