Saturday, July 18, 2009

Meet Sunday Garcia of Tennessee

This wonderful quilt is on display at "The Most Amazing Quilt Shop" in Cookeville, Tennessee. It's the creation of Sunday Garcia, a customer of this shop. She started quilting only a year ago, but she had prior experience sewing clothes. (Even so!) Sunday is a retired Miami police officer. Wow! She is multi-talented! (See below for close-up photos.)

Aren't these details great? Even a little bottle of suntan lotion (below) near the sunglasses!


Wonderful job, Sunday!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Absolutely beautiful. Does Sunday teach?

Thanks for sharing!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Wow!!! What a labour of love that was. Absolutely amazing!

kwiltmakr said...

That is SO amazing.

Joan said...

Awesome. What is the size of the quilt?

Lois Grebowski said...

::moth agape::

New reader who is de-lurking for a comment. I'm in the process of creating my first official quilt project (a set of placemats).

I only hope to get that far in skill...I'm speechless!

When I get back home (to Nashville) I'll have to visit this store. Sounds awesome!

Lois Grebowski said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow! She is certainly a very talented quilt artist! Thanks for sharing some of her work.

FabricsNQuilts said...

I was so thrilled to see your post! This is one of my local (as local as a rural gal can get) quilt shops! The work is wonderful & the shop is always a happy place to be!

Thanks so much for posting...makes the world a little smaller!

Mishkat said...

This is incredibly gorgeous! I can't believe she's only been quilting for a year - this is so beautiful!

Greenmare said...

fabulous!!!!! I love all the details!!!! how fun!