Monday, July 6, 2009

Lavender Valley

This is Lavender Valley in Mt. Hood, Oregon. There are 10,000 lavender plants on 4 acres, representing 70 different varieties! The friendly and enthusiastic proprieters, the Harris family, process the lavender into essential oil in a lab right there where you can watch. They also offer a variety of products for sale: lotion, shampoo, soap, spray fragrance, sachets, plants, ribbon wands, watercolors, lavender tea and honey.

I bought some lavender tea and lavender honey. The tea has the wonderful fragrance of lavender but I thought the flavor was too intense. (I'm not too adventurous in my tea cloices.) The honey is yummy! I'm enjoying some in my black tea right now.

Visit their website at: http://lavendervalley.com/history.htm. This place is "top-notch."

News from the Fabric Square Shop: Laura has restocked her inventory of selvage strips. She says: "There are 100 strips per bag for $9.95. We do not have the free shipping promotion any longer but the bags are now priced lower and also not gallon size. They are located on the website in the What's New Category." Visit: http://www.fabricsquareshop.com/, or click on the ad in the sidebar.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, such a pretty place....loved seeing the pics of your country....Regards Lyn from Oz

wishes, true and kind said...

Hi, Karen. I saw your pictures on Quilter Blogs.com and immediately recognized Mt. Hood. I'm glad you are enjoying Oregon and the Great Northwest. Your use of selvages is amazing.

blushing rose said...

The fields of daffodils & tulips in the spring, the lavendar in the summer ... the wine fields in the fall ... WA & OR have some breathtaking settings. TTFN ~Marydon

Miriam said...

Wow!! All that lavender!! The aroma must be absolutely gorgeous.

SueR said...

Awesome pictures from your vacation. I've never seen a lavender field--beautiful! One of my favorite scents!

Carrie P. said...

My two lavender plants are puny compared to that field. I can only imagine how nice it smelled.

Unknown said...

Wow, so beautiful!! I could smell lavender from pics.