Friday, July 24, 2009

Quick and Easy Selvage Project

Do you like the idea of starting and finishing a selvage project in one afternoon? Take a look at this. It's just one quilt block, used to make a pretty pillow. It looks so good in a quilting room or other place where creativity is celebrated. I like how the cherries are featured in the middle.

You could draw lines on the foundation first, to help you be sure the center section is covered with selvages.

Then add selvages to the corners. Trim. I rounded the corners of the finished square so that the pillow wouldn't have little pointy things on the corners.

You may remember that I made this pillow for the Moda Bake Shop, and it was featured in a give-away a while back. This piece is unusual in that the selvages are so coordinated.
If you would like more directions for selvage quilting, visit www.selvagequilts.com and click on Workshops. It's all free; you can use anything you find there for classes or whatever you want.

5 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Thanks for the tutorial. Those fabrics(selvages) are perfect for the pillow

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for the tutorial Karen. I'd love to make more things with my selvages.

Yvonne Morgan said...

That is so sweet!

Anya said...

Thanks for the instructions, Karen. I think I may try a pillow soon...

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

This is so pretty with it being all coordinated! I'm waiting for a delivery of moda selvages and now I have one more idea of what to do with them! lol
Hugs,
Kerru