Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Make Yourself a Selvage Tote Bag

Are you considering your next (or first) selvage project? How about a OOAK (one-of-a-kind) selvage tote bag. Won't that be fun to bring to guild meetings in the fall? And it's a nice souvenir of your quilting projects. Add buttons or patches or charms or beaded fringe or knotted selvage fringe! I just made that last one up as I started brain-storming. Oh, and how about those little mirrors from India.

I made the big selvage tote above. Click on the link below to see posts for this and 18 other totes made by various selvage quilters. Also go to the Index in the sidebar at right to see "Selvage Purses," etc. http://selvageblog.blogspot.com/search/label/selvage%20tote%20bags

When you make your tote, send a photo for all of us to admire. Have fun!

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Karen, you tote is beautiful! Love the colors that are showing. Great project!

Unknown said...

That's so cool!! My guild challenge for summer is "bag challenge".
I should sign up the challenge and make bag!!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

So cute, I have been wanting to make a selvage something and have been saving up, maybe I have enough for that. I have wanted to make a bag for a while too.

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

I love this tote! HAVE to make one! lol
Hugs,
Kerry