Friday, July 31, 2009

Exhibit Your House Quilt in Pennsylvania!

Illustration: Above quilt block by Christine of Auntie's Quaint Quilts - Tasmania, Australia.
The Charm Girls Quilters want to exhibit your house quilt in an elegant Quilt Show to benefit the Pearl S. Buck International House in Perkasie, PA in April 2010. (We are 6 quilting buddies who have been together for 5 years. This will be our second show.)
.
Any way that you interpret the “House” theme is fair game! Are you thinking of a fixer-upper or a mansion? A hen house, fun house, gingerbread house, housework, or a fire house? Surprise us. There will be a Grand Prize chosen by the staff of the Pearl S. Buck House, and Viewer's Choice Awards.
.
Finished quilts must be no larger than 36” square, and no smaller than 20” square. The rest us up to you.
.
Please tell Helen Wolf (asap) if you will be contributing a quilt: charmgirls@comcast.net. Your quilt must arrive in PA by March 31, 2010. All quilts will be returned, or if you choose, donated to a silent auction to benefit the Pearl S. Buck International House. There is a submission fee of $10 for quilters in the US. If you live outside the US (or in Alaska or Hawaii) there is no fee since you will have extra shipping expenses. Helen has all the info.
.
Also email a photo for exhibit on the Selvage Blog. Have fun!
.
"Buenos noches!" to all our visitors from Spain today.

2 comments:

Nat Palaskas said...

Hi Karen, I have received my prize I won at Quiltermaker magazine. Together with the book there was a block your made, I think? The flying geese with selvages strips. I love both the book and the block. Thanks so much again. When I make something from it I will send you some pics. I will also send you some pics of my city - Hugs Natima

Selvage Quilter said...

Yes, I made that flying geese block for Quiltmaker magazine a while back. It's the one shown on the sidebar on this blog with a link to the "how-to" post.

I'm glad you like the book. I hope you have lots of fun with it. We'll post photos of what you make.

Karen