Sunday, July 5, 2009

Mt. Hood Close-Up and Multnomah Falls

I was astonished to come face-to-face with the peak of Mt. Hood just before landing in Portland, Oregon! I'm on vacation this week with my husband Jason and our two sons, Brian (25) and David (22). This is one of our old favorite places to visit. We like Portland, the Columbia River Gorge, and the coastal area of Cannon Beach, Oswalt West SP, Fort Stevens etc. My favorite part is that the four of us are together. At 22 and 25, we rarely spend this much time together.

We visited Multnomah Falls which is along the Colombia River (which seperates Oregon and Washington). There is a charming old restaurant at the base of the falls where he had dinner outside. The upper part falls about 250 feet, and the lower part falls 69 feet. It is just beautiful!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Jocelyn said...

What a beautiful view. Great pictures.

Katy said...

Beautiful pictures! I must say, I love your blog, I've started collecting selvages lately to hopefully make a spiderweb quilt sometime!

blushing rose said...

Oh, how you are highlighting some beautiful spots, but the magic of WA & OR lies beneath all the exquisite magically hidden places ... have a marvelous time. Your eyes are unable to take it all in, so drink with thine eyes ..........
TTFN ~ Marydon

M. Regina said...

bEAUTIFUL PLACES. AFTER FOLLOW YOUR BLOG, I STARTED COLLECTING SELVAGES TOO. HERE I LEARN TO USE THEM.THANKS. HUGS FROM BRAZIL

Millie said...

My brother lives out in Hood River, OR, and I think it's quite one of the most gorgeous areas in the US.

The Calico Cat said...

We are headed to Portland on Thursday!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Very nice photos. Beautiful country. Have a wonderful time.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful place!!

Mandy said...

Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing the photos.