Friday, July 17, 2009

Linda Wolanin's "Most Amazing"

On a recent drive along I-40 in Cookville, Tennessee, I saw a sign for "The Most Amazing Quilt Shop." Who could resist something like that? I had a nice visit with the owner Linda Wolanin. She had such a good experience buying the shop from the previous owners, she kept saying "This is so amazing!" and that became the shop's name.

This is such a delightful place, especially if you like 1930's style fabrics. I love the simple quilt above with the double pink stripes. Wouldn't it look nice with a few selvages added to the mix?

Linda said that the quilt above is called "Texas Pinwheel Star."

She has quilts displayed on little beds. A visit to this store and you want to run home and make a quilt! Her website is: http://www.mostamazingquiltshop.com/.



Come back tomorrow to see photos of a stunning quilt that Linda had on display. It was made by Sunday Garcia, a former Miami police-officer. You'll really like it!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

I love the orange quilt.

BUT I do believe this is the correct URL for the shop

http://amazingquiltshop.com/page/home

the other link took me to an ad.

Jocelyn said...

What lovely quilts. I love to go into a quilt shop that inspires creativity! Thanks for sharing.

Snippen' Threads said...

Thanks for sharing. I am obsessed with "30"s" quilts, as well as many other things!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Love the 30's fabrics. The Texas Pinwheel Star is a sharp quilt. Can't wait to see the quilt by the Police officer, I am curious now.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That Texas Pinwheel Star is the quilt on MY bed - you can see it on my post about my favorite quilt! Looks like a great shop.

Becky said...

We vacationed in Tennessee two summers ago, but I wasn't quilting yet. I imagine I would really enjoyed that quilt shop if we were going there this year. The fam gets tired of me dragging them into every quilt shop we come across, though. Oh well.

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i love quilts made with 30s fabrics!!

Cindi said...

Great quilts! Wish I lived close to TN to go to that fun shop!